Your Privacy Is Important to Us
What Information Do We Collect About You?
The following describes the general categories of personal data that we may process, the purposes for which we may process the data, and the legal bases of the processing.
- The following describes the general categories of Personal Data that we may process, the purposes for which we may process Personal Data, and the legal basis of the processing. In the case of Personal Data we did not obtain directly from you, we describe the source and specific categories of that data collected.
- We may collect and process information related to your transactions with us. These transactions include purchases of goods and services that you enter into with us and/or through our website or via phone or email interactions with our employees (“Transaction Data”). The Transaction Data may include your contact details (such as company, name, or phone number), and the transaction details. The Transaction Data may be processed for the purpose of supplying the purchased goods and services and keeping proper records of those transactions. The legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us.
- We may collect and process data related to your account (“Account Data”). The Account Data may include your name, title, postal and email address as well as payment information. The source of the Account Data might be you or your employer (when you are acting in a business capacity for your employer). The Account Data may be processed for the purposes of operating our website, providing our services, ensuring the security of our Site and services, maintaining back-ups of our databases and communicating with you. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the performance of a contract between you and Inner Lighting.
- We may collect and process information contained in any inquiry you submit to us regarding goods and services (“Inquiry Data”). The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the performance of a contract between you and Inner Lighting.
- We may collect and process data about your use of our Site and services (“Usage Data”). The Usage Data may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your service use. The source of the Usage Data may be cookies, analytics tracking systems or other technologies. This Usage Data may be processed for the purposes of analyzing your use of our Site and services. The legal basis for this processing is consent. See below for further details on “Cookies, Web Beacons and Other Tracking Technologies.”
- We may collect process data about you to ensure security of your Personal Data and our IT systems. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the safe and secure: (1) administration of our Site, (2) use and storage of business information and, (3) communications with users and customers.
- We may collect and process information that you provide to us for the purpose of providing you with additional information on our goods and services, subscribing to our email notifications, and/or newsletters to keep you up-to-date on Inner Lighting products, events and news (“Notification Data”). The legal basis for this processing is your explicit consent, or your implicit consent if you are a customer.
- We may collect and process information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us (“Correspondence Data”). The Correspondence Data may include the communication content and metadata associated with the communication. Our Site will generate the metadata associated with communications made using the specific Site contact forms. The Correspondence Data may be processed for the purposes of communicating with you and record-keeping. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of our Site and business and communications with users and customers.
- We may collect and process your Personal Data where necessary for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure, an investigation, or other legal matter. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the protection and assertion of our legal rights, your legal rights and the legal rights of others.
- We may collect and process your Personal Data where necessary for the purposes of obtaining or maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, or obtaining professional advice. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the proper protection of our business against risks.
- We may collect and process the personal information included in your personal profile on our Site (“Profile Data”). This Profile Data may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, gender, and any general information you voluntarily submit. The Profile Data may be processed for the purposes of enabling and monitoring your use of our Site and services. The legal basis for this processing is consent.
Where the processing of your Personal Data is based on your consent only, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
Sources of Information We Collect About You
Inner Lighting receives information about you or your devices from the following sources:
- When you, or someone on your behalf, provides information to us to:
- Establish or maintain an account;
- Make a purchase or receive a service;
- Apply for employment at Inner Lighting;
- Post comments to online communities;
- Participate in a survey, marketing promotion, sweepstakes or contest; or
- Connect with us via social media.
- Receive email or postal mail, about updates to product, services or promotions
- Through the use of automated means such as Cookies and similar technologies, and;
- From other third parties, including, advertisers, data partners, marketing partners and publicly available sources such as social networks.
Inner Lighting, our service providers, and other third parties may collect the following information about you through automated means (such as Cookies):
- IP address;
- Browser type and language, access time, and referring website address;
The pages you view within our Site and other actions you take while visiting us;
- We may collect information related to whether you've opened an e-mail or clicked on a link contained in an e-mail;
- If you are referred to our Site from another source (an advertising site, a blog, a social media site, etc.), we may collect data about you. Also, we may provide a referring source with appropriate data (such as the amount of a purchase) to compute referral fees or other similar purposes;
- We may conduct surveys and promotions that collect your information. Our surveys and promotions are voluntary and any information you provide may be collected, used, shared, disclosed, stored, transferred, and processed in accordance with this policy. Your participation in our surveys and promotions, and your submission of information, serves as your consent to these practices;
- Some features of our Site permit user generated content which may be made public or engage in other sharing. If you post content or otherwise participate in discussion forums or other social areas of our Site, your participation (including the content you post, your name, and a link to your profile) may be shared across our Site and in other public or private areas of the internet. For example, you may choose to submit a product review or participate in our Q&A section on product pages. If you choose to do so, we will ask for your email address and geographic location. If you submit a review, your geographic location will be visible to other users (your email address will be kept private). Also, any personally identifiable information that you submit as part of the review can be read or used by other visitors to the Site. We are not responsible for any Personal Data that you choose to submit as part of your review. We believe you can post a helpful review or comment without disclosing any personal information.
Collecting information through automated means allows us to collect statistics about the usage and effectiveness of our Site, personalize your experience on our Site, and tailor our interactions with you. For details regarding the technologies we employ, see the section below regarding cookies, web beacons and similar technologies.
How We Use Your Information
We may use your information in various ways to serve you better as a customer and provide an improved online experience. The table provided below outlines how and why we use your Personal Data:
|INFO CATEGORY||HOW WE USE IT||WE USE IT|
Name and Contact
|Deliver your purchase||To fulfill our contract as retailers and send you more stuff|
|Send you order updates through email and text||To fulfill our contract as retailers and send you order updates|
|Send you info on products and articles||To keep you up to date. This is only with your permission.|
|Fraud prevention and detection||To prevent and detect fraud against you and/or Inner Lighting|
|Show you ads while you're browsing the web||So you can see our latest products and deals. This is only with your permission.|
|Find out what you and other customers like||To ensure we're giving you what you want and to stay ahead of competition. This is only with your permission.|
|Birthday||Fraud prevention and detection||To prevent and detect fraud against you and/or Inner Lighting|
|Payment||Take payment and provide refunds||To fulfill our contract as retailers|
|Fraud prevention and detection||To prevent and detect fraud against you and/or Inner Lighting|
Order History and Saved Items
|To sell you things||To fulfill our job as retailers / allow you to buy more stuff|
|Provide customer service, support, and handle returns|
To fulfill our job as retailers
|Contact History||Provide customer service and support||To fulfill our job as retailers / help you with all your more needs|
|Train our staff||So we can provide the best customer service possible. This is only with your permission.|
Device and Usage
|To improve our website and set default options||To give you the best shopping experience. This is only with your permission.|
|Protect our website||To prevent and detect fraud against you and/or Inner Lighting|
Info from Linked Accounts
|So you can log into our website easily||To make it easier for you to use the website and purchase stuff|
Responses to Surveys, Competitions, and Promotions
|Run surveys, competitions, or promotions||To fulfill our contract as retailers and provide you opportunities to win awesome stuff. This is only with your permission.|
Inner Lighting may use your personal information in the following ways:
- Account Maintenance – We may use your information to identify you, ship products to you, contact you and provide billing services.
- E-mail – If you choose to be contacted by email, we may use your email information to communicate questions, respond to inquiries, and distribute information about Inner Lighting and our products and services that may be of interest to you. You may choose not to receive marketing materials from us at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions included in the Email Marketing Preferences section below.
- Transactions – If you request something from Inner Lighting, such as a product, service, callback, or marketing materials, we may use the information you provide to fulfill your request. To help us complete your transaction, we may share information with others such as business partners, financial institutions, credit reference agencies, shipping companies, suppliers, resellers, or customs authorities.
- Customer Feedback and Support – We may use your information to provide a mechanism for your feedback or to contact you regarding support for our products and services, including product updates or fixes.
- Personalizing your Experience on our Site and Marketing Communications– We may use information we collect about you to provide a personalized experience on our Site, emails and mailings such as providing you with content which you may be interested in, and to make our Site easier for you to navigate.
- Aggregate/De-Identified Information - We may aggregate and/or de-identify your information so that such information can no longer be linked to you or your devices (Aggregate/De-Identified Information). We may use Aggregated/De-Identified Information for any purpose, including without limitation, research and marketing purposes. We may also share aggregated data with any third parties, including advertisers, promotional partners, sponsors, event promoters, and/or others.
- Combined Information - You consent that, for the purposes discussed in this Policy, we may combine the information that we collect with information that we receive from other sources, both online and offline, and use such combined information in accordance with this Policy.
How We Share Your Information
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal information and/or data to any third-party providers.
This personal information includes data such as your name, postal address, email address or credit card information. We believe this is crucial in maintaining trust and providing the best possible experience.
We do however share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this policy:
- Companies that perform services to process and deliver your purchases, such as payment service providers, warehouses, order packers, and delivery companies.
- Companies that perform services relating to IT and associated infrastructure in order to perform daily operations including communication and security
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts who support the daily operations of our business.
- Companies in the Apadana group, as well as affiliates, resellers, suppliers, and service providers as reasonably necessary for the purposes, and on the legal basis, set out in this policy
- We may share non-personally identifiable information with business partners for co-marketing purposes
- This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection, spam/malware prevention, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
- We may share your personal data; (a) where such disclosure is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, (b) enforce our Terms and Conditions of Service, this Policy, or other contracts with you, including investigation of potential violations thereof; (c) respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties; (d) respond to your requests for customer service; and/or (e) protect the rights, property or personal safety of Inner Lighting, our agents and affiliates, its users and/or the public. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection, spam/malware prevention, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
- We may disclose your personal data to our insurers and professional advisers as reasonably necessary for the purposes of obtaining or maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, obtaining professional advice, or the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or other legal proceedings.
If you would prefer not to have your name and address shared for any purpose other than facilitating a transaction with us, please send an email to CustomerService@LumaCross.com with “OPT-OUT SHARING” in the subject line.
If you prefer to opt out of sharing with any third-party period, you acknowledge that you may not be able to interact with areas of our site and depending upon the extent of your request we may no longer be able to fulfill orders for you. To do so please send an email to CustomerService@LumaCross.com with “OPT-OUT ALL” in the subject line.
Your Email and Mail Marketing Choices
If you have provided consent or you are an existing customer, we will send you marketing messages via email and/or mail to keep you up to speed on all things Inner Lighting.
You can stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time through the following methods:
- By clicking on the "unsubscribe" link in any email communication
- By contacting one of our team members at CustomerService@LumaCross.com
Once one of these methods is completed, we will update your profile to ensure that you don’t receive further marketing messages.
Inner Lighting is made up of a complex web of many inter-connecting services and it may take up to 60 days for all our systems to reflect these updates. We ask for your understanding that during this period you may still get messages from us while your request is being processed.
Please note that the discontinuation of marketing messages will not stop any service communications such as order updates.
There is no perfect security. We have implemented physical, technical, and administrative measures to help prevent unauthorized access, use and disclosure of your Personal Data, but we cannot promise that these measures will work. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any credentials that can be used to access your Inner Lighting account. You should report suspected unauthorized activity to us immediately. For more details, see our Site Security Page.
Third Party Links
We may collect your information from third parties. This includes you logging in through a third-party site such as Facebook, Google, Snapchat, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc. We may also disclose information collected from third parties to customize ads and to manage and facilitate messaging on third party site. We do not control the privacy practices of third parties. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of third-party site for more information regarding their applicable privacy practices.
We will keep your personal data while we are providing our products and services to you. Thereafter, we will keep your personal data for one of these reasons: (a) to respond to any questions, complaints or claims made by you or on your behalf; (b) to show that we treated you fairly; (c) to keep records required by law; (d) for communication with one of our team members, and; (e) to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis.
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes for which it was collected as set out in this privacy notice. In determining data retention periods, we take into consideration local laws, contractual obligations, our reasonable business requirements, and your expectations and requirements. When it is no longer necessary to retain your personal data, we will securely delete or anonymize it.
We participate in online advertising to keep our customers up to speed on product offerings, site and associated content. Like many companies, we utilize targeted banners and ads and may display these to you when you are on other website and apps. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges in addition to using a range of advertising technologies like web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by some site and social networks.
The banners and ads that you may see displayed will be based on information we hold about you, or your previous use of the Inner Lighting LumaCross.com Site. This may include your site search history, the content you read on the site or on our banners or ads you have previously clicked on.
Cookies, Web Beacons and Other Technologies
Like many sites, our Site employs cookies and web beacons to speed your navigation of the Site, recognize you and your access privileges, and track your Site usage.
- Web beacons assist in delivering cookies and help us determine whether a web page on the site has been viewed and, if so, how many times. For example, any electronic image on the Site, such as a product image, can function as a web beacon.
- Inner Lighting utilizes several Google Analytics products, including remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. Visitors may opt out of these features through Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, Google's opt-out browser, or other available methods.
If you would like to opt-out of cookies generally, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org for further information. These websites also tell you how to set your browser not to accept cookies and how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of the features on our Site may not function as a result.
Compliance with Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
Protecting the privacy of the anyone under the age of 13 is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information on our Site from those we actually know are under the age of 13, and no part of our Site is structured to engage anyone under the age of 13. If Inner Lighting learns that it possesses information from a child under the age of 13, we delete that information from our systems. If you are a parent or guardian and are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to take the necessary actions to delete such data.
Do Not Track
Inner Lighting does not track its customers over time and across third party website to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third-party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such site, you may be able to set the DNT signal on your browser so that third parties (particularly advertisers) know you do not want to be tracked.
Using Mobile and Other Devices
Inner Lighting or third parties that we have engaged, may collect and store unique identifiers matched to your mobile device in order to deliver customized ads or content while you use our Site, navigate the internet, or to identify you in a unique manner across devices or browsers. In order to customize these ads or content, we, or third parties, may collect your information, e.g., your email address, or data passively collected from you such as your device identifier or IP address.
By adjusting the privacy and security settings on your device, you can manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share information, as well as how your mobile browser handles Cookies and other tracking identifiers. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
Text Messaging and Alerts – Opting In and Out
Our mobile Site may give you the choice to opt-in to receiving text messages and alerts on the mobile phone number(s) you have shared with us. Once you have opted-in, we may send you text messages (i) regarding your account; (ii) to investigate or prevent fraud; and (iii) to alert you in the event of an emergency. We may send you text messages and alerts using autodialed technology. We will not contact you via text messages or alerts for marketing purposes without your prior express written consent. You do not have to opt-in to text messages and alerts to use our Site. If you opt-in, standard text messaging charges may apply. For more information regarding our text messaging and alerts, please contact us at CustomerService@LumaCross.com. You may choose to opt-out from our text messages and alerts at any time using any reasonable means. To directly opt-out send us a text message from your mobile phone with the word STOP, STOP ALL, END, QUIT, CANCEL or UNSUBSCRIBE and we will unsubscribe you from text communications. Once you opt-out, you will not receive any additional text messages via your mobile phone. Please keep in mind that if you opt-out of receiving text messages and alerts we may not be able to contact you with important messages regarding your account. However, if there is an emergency or account question, we will make every attempt to contact you in other ways such as email or on a landline phone.
You can inquire about your personal information, ask the following questions, or take the following actions by contacting us via email at CustomerService@LumaCross.com. By adjusting the privacy and security settings on your device, you can manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share information, as well as how your mobile browser handles Cookies and other tracking identifiers. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings to:
- See what information we have about you if any,
- Change/correct any information we have about you,
- Have us delete any information we have about you,
- Express any concerns you have about our use of your information.
Under certain conditions, you may have the right to:
- access your personal data;
- rectification of your personal data;
- erasure of your personal data;
- restrict processing of your personal data;
- portability of your personal data;
- unsubscribe from marketing material at any time;
- withdraw your consent to certain processing activities.
- request information on the types of organization your information has been shared with for co-marketing purposes.
For more information on the full extent of your rights or to exercise your rights, please contact us.
Inner Lighting is committed to providing you the best customer service possible. You can email us anytime at CustomerService@LumaCross.com.
For all General Info, Tech Support, Privacy and Data Protection issues, please email us at CustomerService@LumaCross.com Complaints: In accordance with the GDPR, if you believe your data was unlawfully processed by Inner Lighting, you may lodge a complaint with the appropriate Data Protection Authority.
LumaCross.com Security Measures
At Inner Lighting we take our commitment to site security very seriously. It is not only a commitment to the welfare of our company, but more importantly a commitment to ensuring that our customers identity, sensitive information and privacy are always protected. We will never sell your information.
We proactively monitor, test and retest our system hardware and software configurations to optimize stability and eliminate vulnerabilities to external intrusion.
Inner Lighting security measures include, but are not limited to:
- Port scanning
- SSL certificates
- Managed firewalls
- 24/7 hardware and software monitoring
- A fully staffed and secure network operations center
- Enterprise wide virus protection
- Data encryption
- Use Credit Cards with Confidence
You can use your credit card on the LumaCross site with confidence. We have partnered with Stripe Payment Solutions to offer safe and secure credit card transactions for our customers. Stripe is a global online payment processor that is trusted by thousands of businesses across the globe. Visit Stripe.com to learn more about security measures and policies.